Monday, December 13, 2010

Good Weather to Quilt!

   This past weekend, we in Iowa, "enjoyed" bitter cold temperatures, snow, and high winds. In other words, typical Iowa winter weather. Ugh! The only thing I wanted to do was start a pot of homemade turkey noodle soup, stay inside, and quilt. That is exactly what I did. Once the soup was simmering on the stove, I retreated to my sewing room and only came out to stir the soup, get a cup of green tea, or use the bathroom. If I didn't work, I'd spend every day just like that.
   I got a lot done. I'm teaching a class this Saturday at Inspirations, a wonderful quilt shop in Hills, Iowa. I cut and sewed my sample blocks for class. I'm making a poison green and navy, not so crazy, "crazy quilt" and I got the biggest part of it done by Saturday night. My goal is to finish it by the first week in January. I finished hand-quilting a mini version of my "Reap the Whirlwind", sewed on the binding, and made a label for it. It was a Christmas gift to someone special and I needed to finish it so I could ship it today. As luck would have it, we had a 2 hour late start at school today due to the windchill so I even had the time to go to the post office to ship it. All in all it was a great weekend!  I'm posting some pictures of my Christmas village.
   Thanks for visiting! Keep stitching,

 Becky

                                         Large view of what I call my Smoky Mountain Village.


                                                          The farming end of my village.

Coming down the mountains into the village.
                                                                Cabin in the mountains.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed all your postings, keep'm coming!

    ReplyDelete