Friday, June 24, 2011

Road Trip!

   I had a wonderful time last night speaking at the Threads of Friendship Quilt Guild meeting in Bloomfield, IA. They are a great bunch of quilters. I enjoyed seeing the show 'n' tell portion of their meeting (my favorite part!) It's a challenge to set up my display each time, because every facility has a different layout. This one was in the Christian Church Fellowship Hall and was very spacious. I had plenty of room and could spread out! I was set up in time to take these pictures before I changed into my costume.


Besides antique quilts and reproductions I've made, I display vintage Civil War photos and clothing.



       I take advantage of any display opportunity...here I draped quilts over their cart of extra tables. Who wants to look at tables when you can look at quilts?!


The framed piece in front of the table is a fragment of an English paper-pieced hexagon quilt my sister bought for me in Maine last year. My Sissy is very generous! The fabrics are a diverse group of 1860's prints including lots of madders.The papers are still in it and the plexiglass is on the backside too so you can see the papers, odd bits of newsprint, letters, prescriptions, play bills, etc. Very interesting.


My Civil War Images quilt (a different toile fabric in each center, pattern # 004) draped over a chair with a framed group of Civil War soldiers photos, a couple with their wives.


The quilt in the center is my Reap the Whirlwind (pattern #009) with vintage CW children's clothes. The blue dress is actually for a boy of about  2 years of age.

   This morning I'm packing for my weekend trip to Wisconsin. I have to wait till 1 PM (poor me!) to be picked up. Kayla is getting off work early at noon. She has one of those jobs where you have to work year round (poor Kayla!) unlike lucky me who gets summer off. :-)

   I have my camera packed with extra batteries so I promise pictures of our trip! I need to finish packing. I'm taking my current book project to work on in any spare moments.

Keep stitching!
Becky

2 comments:

  1. Wow Becky, you sound like you have a great presentation. If you are ever in the Omaha area, I would love to come see you!! Your collection is MARVELOUS!! I must, once again, admit to coveting you. My penance? Okay...three hours at my sewing machine quilting repro fabrics!! :)

    Deb from clutteredquilting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really interesting program! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete