Monday, June 27, 2011

Where the Wind Blew

    I arrived home from my road trip last night tired, but full of energy! Does that make sense? My brain is on overload. Kayla, my friend who planned this trip and was my "tour guide" did a fantastic job. She is fearless at interstate and big city driving. I'm in awe of her as I'm a little timid of travel. When I got home, I was asked, "Where did you two go?" I replied, "Wherever the wind blew us!" We had no set itinerary, just a few shop ideas and then when a new one was recommended, off we went! WOW! I don't think I've ever had more fun in a 3-day time period before. On Friday, what was supposed to be a 3 hour drive to her daughter's apartment in Dodgeville,WI, took us 7 hours. We were near Davenport when Kayla asked how I'd like to check out Yellow Creek in Pearl City, IL. It was in the new issue of Quilt Sampler. Silly question...of course I wanted to go! Heck, it was only a couple hours out of our way! It's a great shop and worth the big detour.

                                                                      One step in the door!


                                             Looking to the left, lots of patterns and samples.
                                                                    
                                                                     And to the right. More!


                                                                  And lots of stuff in between.


             Kayla posing next to a kit she'd seen in the article and had her heart set on. Isn't it yummidy?



         This  antique signature quilt is on temporary loan to Yellow Creek. I loved it! Wonderful inked signatures in the muslin centers.


  We spent a long time there shopping and chatting with one of the the owners, then we were off to find our way to Dodgeville again. We got to Ashley's apartment at 8 o'clock , popped the chicken dish that Kayla had brought in the oven and had show ' n' tell  of our goodies from Yellow Creek while it baked.

                                                            My purchase and, yes, it's yardages! 



  After supper, we got out the GPS, and the Quilter's Travel Companion and started plotting our plan of attack for Saturday. I'll post about our Saturday adventures tomorrow. I need to get sewing on quilt #3 for Love and Valor.

Keep stitching!
Becky

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you hit the jackpot with this fun quilt shop! What a treasure trove of fabrics and patterns. And what a treat to get to see the antique signature quilt while you were there. Thanks for sharing these scenes from the quilt shop with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting roadtrips...aren't the the best!

    ReplyDelete