Saturday, August 27, 2011

A New Tradition!

   My sister and I, along with James, were invited to a brunch at the home of "Flip" Meyer on my last Friday in Maine. Flip is one of Jimmie's clients and they've become great friends. She had a wonderful garden before Jimmie was hired to do some design work and the result is a gardener's dream come true. Every year for the last several years he has added new trees and perrennials and maintains it's lush bounty. Flips' garden was featured in an article in the May/June 2011 issue of Better Homes and Gardens. She lives in a lovely old 1700's Cape in that rambling New England style of additions and attached barn that one can only expect to see in New England. Her Cape has been lovingly restored to all it's former glory and Flip had a master suite wing added to the house a few years ago that seems to always have been there it blends so well. Flip shares her home with her two little dogs, Snickers and Taffy, (at least I think that's their names), please forgive me if I'm wrong Flip!

   Here are some photos of her home from the front...

    And some rear views...
Her lush garden seems to go on forever!

   The rose covered fence out front. Jimmie plants thousands of tulips in front of that fence each year for a traffic-stopping spring time display. People do actually stop to take pictures!

   Here we are with our scrumptious brunch of fresh pastries, scones, fruit, yogurt, juice, and of course, cups of tea! From left to right, our lovely hostess, Flip, myself, and my sister, Sandra. Jimmie had to take the picture.

And the gorgeous centerpiece. Flip has a gift for flower arranging and these were freshly picked from her garden...

I couldn't leave without a picture with my hostess. I'm on the left and Flip is on the right, with my handsome and talented nephew, Jimmie in the middle. No, I'm not the least bit prejudiced, I'm just stating the facts!

  This was Sandra's 3rd or 4th brunch at Flip's and my 2nd. Flip informed us it's now a tradition. Hey, I love traditions. See you next year, Flip!

Keep stitching,
Becky

3 comments:

  1. I would love to have a garden like the one Jimmie designed for Flip. Talent runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok....now I want a Jimmie too!! ;o) I say....you have an amazingly deep gene pool of talent going on in your family. What a gorgeous, gorgeous, home - and I would give my eye teeth (if crows had teeth) for a yard and gardens like that!!! Holy smokes!!! And what a gracious hostess Flip is!! Brunch sounded heavenly!! Lucky you to be invited to share in this wonderful tradition! Happy, happy, Saturday!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. my. goodness!! How absolutely gorgeous!! I wanna Jimmie AND gardens like that!! Just delightful!

    ReplyDelete