Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Odds and Ends

  One more day at work, then I'm off to the Des Moines Quilt Expo with Kayla and Darla for a couple of days. I can't wait. I love the Expo. Beautiful quilts and all those VENDORS! What's not to love? I missed it last year as I was suffering from kidney stones, ugh! So, I'm really looking forward to this year.  I've been saving up for this and I'm hoping to see some new lines of fabric to spend my $ on or books or vintage quilts, blocks, and tops. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I hope to meet some of my fellow bloggers there as well as my followers. If you spot me there, please introduce yourself. I'll be scanning faces for you too.

  I never did share photos of the chapel at Ridgecrest Village in Davenport where I gave my recent presentation. It was a lovely facility.
Isn't it nice? There was seating for at least a hundred people with room to spare.

  My son, Isaah, came home the weekend before last and brought a visitor with him. He was babysitting for his friends while they went to Chicago. I guess I should have said dog sitting, because Gracie is a one year old boxer. We've had 3 boxers in the past and love the breed. We are dogless at present since our boxer, Rufus died 2 years ago. Randy says we can't get another boxer till at least one of us retires. It was sure fun to have a boxer in the house for a couple of days though.

  Isaah is putting  a Hawkeye t-shirt on Gracie before the game came on TV. She is very subdued as long as she has it on. She acts like it's a straight jacket!

  Isn't she cute? She stood like that for quite awhile before she finally decided she could lay down with that shirt on. Isaah and his friends are alumni of UI.

  And lastly, I wanted to show you my Halloween decorations I display in the high school library where I work. I don't decorate for Halloween at home since I don't have little kids or grandchildren. The kids at school get a kick out of them.

  Above my desk...
The "other" witch in the library :)

This friendly guy, oddly enough, named, Jack, guards my computer...

These Jacks are at the checkout computer...

And here is my haunted house... (notice the quilt hanging on my office wall?) I hang a different one for each holiday or season.

I'm really just a big kid when it comes to holidays. Working with kids gives me a good excuse to indulge myself. Well, this kid is up past her bedtime! Gotta go!
Keep stitching,
Becky

2 comments:

  1. Awww....Gracie's a cutie - but would look better in a Badger's shirt I think. ;o) Love your son's name by the way....And I never get tired of looking at your gorgeous quilts dear Becky....Your decorations are sweet - I don't have little ones around (and not even many big ones) either, but I still decorate away! So fun to pull out those treasures each holiday....Have a great time at the expo! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I love that you are a Civil War buff and you are quite inspirational to follow.

    Very sweet pictures of the Halloween decorations. Isn't this time of year so much fun?!

    ReplyDelete