Thursday, October 6, 2011

2011 Des Moines Quilt Expo Finds

  I've got to get to work, but I have to share some photos first. The first is the vintage 1930's doll quilt kit I bought from the Farmer's Dotter. I have it pin-basted ready to quilt...

This is an 1880's doll quilt top and vintage back, that I'm now quilting...





And this doll bed arrived in a big box while I was at the Expo. It was made by William and Karen Schultz. It was a perfect fit for the Civil War doll quilt I bought in Maine in August. I first heard of their doll beds on Kathleen Tracy's blog.
I'm late! Keep stitching,
Becky

8 comments:

  1. I just love the orange quilt blocks and hope you do too! I've really enjoyed reading through your older posts. You have quite a collection! Sounds very interesting...I would love to see one of your presentations!

    Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute stuff....now get to work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the orange really makes you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little doll quilts Miss Becky - and that bed is adorable!!! Hope you had a great day and weren't too late! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The perfect doll bed. So deserving of your hand made doll quilts made from the old fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little doll quilts....LOVE the orange on the fans! And that doll bed is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great little doll quilts, love that bed, I need one of those!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious little quilts on a precious little bed...too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete