Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey, Stuffing, & Stuff!

  After all the things I was thankful for on Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful now that it's over! Don't get me wrong, I had a great 5 day break from school, my son was home, we had good family time, and a delicious turkey dinner with leftovers that lasted till lunch on Sunday. The down side was I had no quilting time till about 8 PM on Sunday night. I have a tradition that I always decorate for Christmas starting the day after Thanksgiving. Even if I would waver on that, my son wouldn't let me. He's BIG on tradition. So with all the usual festive activities associated with Thanksgiving, dishes, laundry, family time, and 3 days of decorating, there was little time left. I still have the family room tree to put up, but I can put it off for another few days since Isaah is back in Iowa City. What he doesn't know won't hurt me! Shhh!

  Now, I'm back in quilt mode. Ahhh, that feels better. Here is what I've been up to...

My Christmas village, 2011 version...
 
Angel tree,in memory of my daughter, Elizabeth...
My cow tree with over 250 cows...
Santa tree (I still believe, don't you?)

Two Love and Valor Quilts with binding at last...

Remember George? I'm finally back to working on that quilt...(the small tree has all sewing related ornaments)
  I put up a tree and another village scene in the HS  Media Center on Monday. I've sewn every night this week though, so I'll be in the mood to put up my last tree this weekend. Randy has to do inventory Friday night and Saturday anyway, so I should have plenty of time for that and time to sew too. I'm back in the groove! Yeehaw! Hoping you're having a groovy time too!

Keep stitching,
Becky

6 comments:

  1. Your trees are lovely, and your village needs a whole room of it's own! Wow! It's a city! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks beautiful, wow you must have a big house to have 3 Christmas trees. I just put ours up today (just 1!) And it is fun to see all the lovely handmade decorations, some made by special friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cats Woman...How BIG is your house???!!! I barely fit one smallish tree in - and only after removing furniture to very unfortunate places!! And that village - that VILLAGE!! Is that really and truly set up in your HOUSE??? YIKES!!! I think you've done enough decorating for half the state and then some! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, impressed ... 3 trees!!! I barely have room for one.
    I would like to see more of your George Washington Quilt. I have that fabric in my Danish quiltshop and haven't sold much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing all your trees with us. I just love that little garland with all the skinny stockings on the wall near the memory tree. Just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing in what you do for decorations for Christmas. Wow.

    ReplyDelete