Saturday, December 24, 2011

Bah! Humble Bug!

   I have to offer my most humble apologies to the UPS guy, you know the one. The one I've been complaining about. Thursday night, I finally decided he wasn't bringing Randy's Christmas presents this year. I called Bike Nashbar to ask them what happened. The lady who answered was very nice and willing to look into the situation. First, she couldn't find me in the system at all. I gave her more details and reminded her that I had placed the order on December 5th. She finally said, "I'm sorry, but I don't seen your order anywhere." I became frantic and told her it had to be there. She could tell I was near tears and kept trying. She finally said, "Oh, I have an order on the 5th in Randy Wright's name." When she read it off to me, it was identical and I told her I placed that order and used my credit card number so it should have had my name on it. Anyway, the kicker was when she said, "Maam, our records indicate that the package was delivered to you on the 10th." I really lost it then and said I'd expected the UPS truck everyday since the 5th and it had never come. Then she told me, "Oh, our records indicate it was sent using the US Postal system."   What?!!!

   I told her we have the nicest mailman who we've given access to come into our garage with any packages. He's even added postage for us when I've made a mistake and lets me know later. She suggested I go to the post office on Friday and inquire. I did and as luck would have it, our mailman hadn't left on his route yet so I got to talk to him. He said he hadn't had a single day off this month and he'd certainly never seen a package for us from Bike Nashbar. He was very apologetic and felt really badly about it (not that it was his fault) and I assured him of that.

  I called Bike Nashbar back when I got home and was lucky enough to get the same lady I'd spoken to the night before. She said I could get a full refund or they could reship at no charge to me. I told her this was my husband's entire Christmas and to please reship. She said she'd get it to us hopefully by Monday or Tuesday. I cried when I told Randy about it. He was sweet and assured me that it wouldn't spoil his Christmas, but I knew it would spoil mine.

  Randy was up and gone at 6 AM this morning to go on a bike ride with friends in Burlington. I was just getting out of the shower at 9AM when I heard a knock at the front door. I tried to dress as quickly as I could, but I missed whoever it was. I opened the door to see if someone was walking away and noticed a big box on the porch. It was from Bike Nashbar!!! The lady had shipped it overnight express! I was able to get everything wrapped and hidden before Randy got home. Boy, will he be surprised tomorrow morning. I have to say Bike Nashbar really offers excellent customer service and I intend to write them a letter thanking them. As for the poor maligned UPS guy, I'M SORRY! I never should have doubted you. Boy, I would sure love to know what really happened to my order. Randy's birthday is January 2nd, but don't worry, there won't be any drama. I already have his gift wrapped and hidden for safe keeping.

  I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas Day with the people you love and if traveling have a safe trip. Ours will be spent with first with our church family for early service, then to Illinois to Randy's family for dinner, and evening at my Mother's.

Keep stitching,
Becky


4 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to go through so much stress, but I'm glad the company made it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! what a story, and it could only happen at Christmas LOL!!!! Glad everything turned out in the end!!! Have a happy Holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Becky, I'm so glad this had a happy ending for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We spend a good part of yesterday looking for my present...my DH bought is a couple months ago and couldn't remember where he hid it! It all makes for fun holiday stories...

    ReplyDelete