Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's day!

   I hope all of you who are mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day. And to those of you who are the children, I hope you remembered to share some special time with your mother. Isaah was home and gave me the most touching card I've ever received. I cried when I read it. The card itself was beautiful with a wonderful verse, but he had hand-written a message at the end that melted my heart. It was from a book I used to read to him when he was little:
   "I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    My Mommy you'll be."

  Now, I ask you, who wouldn't melt over that?! He's a wonderful son. I am blessed.

  I did squeeze in a couple hours of quilting this weekend, but that is all. I'll share some photos of recent additions to my vintage doll quilt collection. I finally took some good shots of them.

The first one is a 1920's quilt, 14 1/2" square...

 This one is only 11" x 14 3/4". I dated it by the backing fabric (a red, pink, orange, and white abstract print) to be from the 1950's...

The last one is only 12 1/4" square and looks to be from 1880-1900...
  When I go antiqueing with my sister in Maine next month, I hope to find some more doll quilts to bring home. They are a lot easier (and cheaper) to get in my suitcase!

  Good night and keep stitching!

Becky

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, looking forward to seeing what you find in Maine, I really need to keep my eyes open for doll quilts. The local quilt shop, Kathie's Quilt Shoppe(Sanford, ME), is featured in the latest BHG Shop Hop edition. Seems strange to look at the magazine and see the shop I visit regularly in the pages of the magazine!

    While I don't comment each time, I love reading your blog, the CW is very interesting to me. As a matter of fact, for the past 4 months I've been attending a discussion called "Making Sense of the CW", very interesting.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you find so many good doll size quilts.

    ReplyDelete