Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rumors of my Death are Greatly Exagerated!

  No, I haven't died or dropped off the face of the earth. Once again, life has gotten very busy. Something had to give and it was posting. Sorry! I've heard complaints from those who have been checking my blog for a new post and I'll try to catch up.

  Let's see, what's new...I went to the Des Moines Quilt Show and took pictures of my favorite quilts. Here is where the action is...


  My favorite booth at the show was Mountain Lodge Antiques, owner Cindy Adams, from Littleton, Colorado. We met in Maine last year and she recognized me at the show! I'd buy her whole booth if I had the money, lol.


 Her antique quilts are to die for...






Guess who has a antique doll quilt on layaway! The Strippy, of course. It's absolutely yummidy!

  I attended a presentation by Laurie Aaron Hird, author of The Farmer's Wife Sampler book,at Inspirations in Hills, Iowa, on Oct.11th. What fun! Laurie is very entertaining.

Inspirations shop owner, Nancy Lackender, introducing Laurie, seen on the right. 

 Laurie signing her books for the attendees...
The original Farmer's Wife quilt...






  Randy and I are planning to build a new house. I've been painting and stripping wallpaper, etc. to get ours ready to sell. We've been visiting model homes trying to decide what we want...

I really liked this kitchen...



  This den was sooo cozy...
 
 Another nice kitchen...
  We are still shopping for a lot, so we won't be building anytime soon. That gives me plenty of time to plan my quilt studio. Hee hee hee.



  
   So you can see, I've been busy burning the candles at both ends. Tonight, I actually took a break from it all and sat in front of the TV hand-quilting. Aaah, it felt good! Thanks for checking in on me. I'll try to post again soon. I have more pictures to share. Until then, keep stitchin'.

Becky






3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the show pictures. As I am making those little baskets, it was inspiring to see a finished quilt filled with them! I'm so glad the "obit" was in error!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts.....I just love that pineapple! Good luck in all the decisions for your move......that's a lot of work, but so great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been up to some fun things! Wish I'd known you were going to the quilt show and I would have suggested meeting up. I enjoyed Cindy's booth, too. So much eye candy! And how exciting to be building your new home. No wonder you haven't had time to post!

    ReplyDelete