Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Doll Quilts and a Studio Treasure


   I participated in Lori De Jarnett's doll quilt swap recently. I hand-pieced and hand-quilted a 9-Piece Squared quilt in older Civil War reproduction fabrics. The recipient was Anne B. from Washington, DC. It was so much fun to make and send to someone I didn't know. A new experience for me. :) Here's the quilt I made...


  I received a darling quilt from Denise D. It's a Courthouse Steps in reds, blacks, greens, and tans. Looks awfully cute in my master bedroom with my other green quilts. Her's a picture of it...





  I have been looking for a special antique piece of furniture for my quilt studio. I found a possum belly cabinet top at a nearby shop and fell in love. I purchased it and an antique table to sit it on, cleaned them up, painted the table deep blood red, and it now lives happily in my studio. Here is the top still in the shop as I first saw it...

                                            I'll take "after" shots and post them soon.

 
  Lastly, here is what I have been sewing lately. It's finished now, but I only have an "in progress" picture of it....








     I'm off to work! have a great day. Keep stitching!


Becky







7 comments:

  1. Love your little quilts and, what a fabulous find. I can't wait to see it all cleaned up. That shape adds so much character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you've been sewing lately looks marvelous. I look forward to seeing more of it as well as your new quilt studio furniture :0) the doll quilts are both very sweet - it was a fun swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love those repro Civil War era fabrics ... such pretty pieces you've been working up ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these fabrics and your little quilt was so pretty. I would have wept as I put it in the mail :-D
    The quilt in the hoop looks very pretty, I look forward to seeing more of that project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Becky, the blue fabric in your latest project is stunning!!
    Love the quilt you made and received! They are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. felicidades !!!
    preciosos los dos
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get Hourly profit for 200 hours on every hour without any risk and without any work, best business plans ever
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete