Saturday, April 8, 2017

Winter Hibernation

    Maybe you thought I went into hibernation since my last post of August 2016! I almost wish I had. The reality was not so relaxing as a long sleep would have been.

    After that post I had computer problems over the next few months. Eventually my old computer died. I bought a new one in December with Windows 10. I HATE Windows 10, just so you know. I can't figure out how to do anything except check my emails. I cannot load pictures onto this computer, or if they're here, I can't find them. I'm having a tech person help me on Monday. So maybe I'll get back to normal posting WITH pictures.

   That wasn't all my problems this winter. It started in October with 3 weeks of severe tendonitis in my right arm. Excrutiating pain all the way to my shoulder. I missed 3 weeks of work and couldn't even quilt! I caught an upper respitory flu after Thanksgiving, missed 4 days of work and took 3 weeks to quit coughing. In early January I fell backward off the curb into the street, hitting the back of my head, laying unconscious for an unknown amount of time (it was 6 AM when I took the garbage out.) This resulted in a trip to the ER, x-rays and scans, treatment for a concussion, and another 3 days off work . It was a Thursday so I had the weekend in there too for added time to heal. In February I had a case of the stomach flu with all the discomforts associated and missed 3 days of work. I was only back for a week when I caught the mother of all chest colds, missed 4 days of work and coughed all throughout March.

  This has not been my best winter. I always hate winter anyway, even when I'm healthy. At least I'm here to tell about it, right? Glad to be feeling well and anxiously awaiting the computer guru's help. I'm not that good with computers, but I've always been able to do the essentials at least, till Windows 10 came along. I hope they don't ask me to do a commercial for them. It would not be pretty!

   So this post has no pictures. They all reside on my camera till I get help. I don't like to post with nothing to show. I have made 14 completed doll quilts (average size of 18" by 18") with hand-quilting this winter and want to share them with you all. So, please hang in there with me. I'll be back blogging ASAP! Until that time...

Keep Stitching,
Becky

9 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back and healthy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see a post from you again!! Sounds like you had the winter of horrors, glad you have come through the other side.... I feel your pain re: computers and their mysterious ways....blogger did something weird some time ago and now I can't do my bog anymore...painful I say! Looking forward to seeing your little quilts soon.....take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not been the best winter for me health-wise either. I still have a blocked ear and can't hear with it. I had the same problem about 1 1/2 years ago with a bad cold and the non-hearing lasted a few months.
    I ended up with Windows 10 and have figured out enough to do what I want. Sometimes though, it is trial and error as I have forgotten just how to find some of the functions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you have had to go through so much, think this is a bad winter for all of us. I have been lucky with fighting off the flus, but last month I passed out and rammed my whole arm into a wall, so that still hurts and to make it worse, I was playing with the dog and kicked a ball and went straight up and down on my back, lol. Hopefully it is the end of dumb accidents for us all;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you poor girl. I hope you are all mended and well and that the computer guy can help you out. I have not heard one good thing about Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "sew" glad you are back!!! Am sorry that you had a miserable winter - here's wishing you good health for the rest of the year! I am so thankful that my computer is doing well with Windows 7. I hate change -especially when it comes to computers and other techie things. Stay well and enjoy Spring! HUGS... and stitches p.s. can't wait to see your doll quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...my goodness...I can now realize that I am not alone. Thank you for posting and I am sorry...this crazy life of ours...be well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about all your health problems. What a bummer. Glad that you are feeling better now. Missed your posts. I'm looking forward to seeing all your small quilts that you made. Hopefully soon - good luck with the computer.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you had such a bad winter with your health - and especially falling like that! That's scary.

    ReplyDelete